Overview: This article is intended to provide an overview of the Facilities Module. You will learn the purpose of each section of the Module as well as the sequential steps for their use.
- The Facilities Module landing page displays facilities and allows the volunteer to Export facility information, Add a new facility, or Edit a current facility.
- The Facility Info Tab contains relevant and current information for the selected facility. It is also the starting point when adding a new facility.
- The Directory Tab will allow the user to manage the contacts for a particular facility, including the facility contact(s), congregation contacts, and facility staff.
- The Volunteers Tab displays information for volunteers that have been assigned to interact with inmates at a particular facility.
- The Inmates Tab provides a list of all inmates that are currently being contacted through the PWPP.
- The Shifts Tab can be used to add or edit shifts, such as open-ended visits and/or meetings.
- The Meetings Tab is currently not supported within the Facilities Module. Please visit the Meetings Module under Administration and reference the support articles found in Support.
- The Activity Tab provides a summary of field service activity performed by inmates within the selected facility that can then be forwarded as needed.
- The Documents Tab allows for relevant documents to be attached to the facility.
Type of System Access: The Type of System Access (Permissions) needed to follow this article is:
- Regional (Default): Verify that in the Facilities Module, Access Is set to Full (Add, Edit, Delete) and Scope is set to All data from volunteer region.
- Zone (Default): Verify that in the Facilities Module, Access Is set to Full (Add, Edit, Delete) and Scope is set to All data from volunteer zone.
- Facility (Default): In the Facilities Module, Access should be set to Full (Add, Edit, Delete) and Scope should be set to All data from Volunteer facilities. This role will have limited functionality.
Step 1 From your My Ministry (home) landing page, select Facilities from the Navigation Panel.
Step 2 The Facilities landing page shows, Facility Name, Location, Branch ID, Agency Type, Location Type and Zone.
- The search box may be employed to search for a Facility Name or Location. Begin typing in the search box and select the magnifying glass icon to execute the search.
- To sort the results, hover over the field and click the arrow.
- Select Export in the upper right corner of the table to export the results of the search into a .csv (comma space delimited) file that can be opened as a spreadsheet.
- To make changes to an existing Facility, select the ellipsis on far right of the facility’s record. You may choose to Edit or Delete the facility profile. This option is only available to Zone or Regional access.
- Select the pagination to set the number of rows for each page.
Step 3 To add a new Facility, select the Add Button.
Facility Info Tab
Step 4 The Facility Info Tab will allow you to enter all the pertinent information needed to create a facility. All required fields are denoted with an asterisk (*).
Step 5 Populate the fields in the following areas:
- Enter the official Facility Name.
- The Branch ID is a number supplied by the Branch.
- Select the Zone from the dropdown box. The options available will depend on your permissions within Gate Access.
- Select the Facility Location Type from the dropdown box.
- Select the Agency Type from the dropdown box.
- Enter External Code, if applicable.
- Select the Gender based on which gender(s) the facility houses.
Step 6 Enter the physical address of the Facility Location in these fields.
- This address will also update the map that is available on this tab. Use the expand map icon on the top right-hand corner to enlarge the map on your screen. Use the plus and minus icons to zoom in and out, respectively.
Step 7 Enter the Facility Mailing Address. The mailing address is generally different from the physical location and is often a PO Box.
Step 8 Enter a Return Address. This the postal address that inmates should use when corresponding. This is typically a PO Box set up by the contact congregation assigned to care for this facility.
Step 9 Click Save to create this profile and to unlock the other tabs at the top of this page associated with this facility.
Step 10 After saving the Facility Info of a new location, select the Directory Tab from the ribbon. If you are editing an existing location, you will be able to navigate to the Directory at any point while in the Facility Profile.
Step 11 Click on the Facility Contacts to assign or view the Primary Contact and any Assistant Contacts.
Step 12 To assign a Primary Contact, click on the Primary Contact dropdown menu and select the name of the Volunteer. From a list of approved brothers. If there is an Assistant Contact, select the appropriate name from the Assistant Contact dropdown menu.
Step 13 To add more than one Assistant Contact, select the Add Icon found in the upper right side of Facility Contacts. To remove the Assistant Contact entered, click the Delete Icon found next to the Assistant Contact name.
- Note: An error message will appear if a duplicate name for an Assistant Contact is entered, indicating this action is not allowed.
Step 14 Click on Contact Congregations to select the name of the Congregation(s) assigned to care for this facility from the Congregation dropdown menu.
- Select the Language from the Language dropdown menu.
- Note: To add more than one Congregation select the +Add Icon. To remove a Congregation, use the X Icon.
Step 15 Click on Facility Staff to view the Name, Position, Email, and Phone number of the corresponding staff associated with the facility.
Step 16 To Edit or Delete existing Facility Staff, select the ellipsis on the far right of the far right side of the selected staff member.
Step 17 To Add a Facility Staff, select the Add Icon found on the upper right side.
Step 18 A drawer entitled Add Facility Staff Member will appear.
Fill out the required areas, First Name, and Last Name, denoted by the asterisk (*). The Position, Email, and Phone number are not required areas but enter as much information as you have available.
Step 19 Select Save when all information is entered.
Step 20 To Save all entries or changes to the Directory Tab, click Save found on the upper right side.
Step 21 After selecting a facility from the Facilities Landing Page, select the Volunteers Tab.
- A volunteer is added to this list when the Facility is assigned in their profile under the Facility Management accordion.
Step 22 The Volunteers tab shows Name, Role, Congregation, Inmates Assigned, Phone, and E-Mail.
- The search box may be employed to search for a Name, Role, or Congregation. Begin typing in the search box and select the magnifying glass icon to execute the search.
- To sort the results, hover over the field and click the arrow.
Step 23 Select the Pending Requests button to view all pending requests for the facility.
Step 24 The Inmates Assigned column shows the number of inmates assigned to a volunteer. The pending request alert indicates there is a request awaiting approval.
Step 25 To view the Volunteer Profile or Inmate Request, select the ellipsis on the far right of the volunteer’s record.
Step 26 Select Inmate Request to open the Inmate Request drawer.
Step 27 The Inmate Request drawer shows the type of request and the number of inmates requested by a volunteer. The overseer will click Mark Complete. to assign the inmate to the volunteer.
- Note: The volunteer will then receive an email that the request has been completed.
Step 28 Select Volunteer Profile to navigate to the Volunteer Profile page.
Step 29 Select Inmates to view the Inmates at this facility that have been entered in Gate Access through the Inmate Module.
Step 30 The list will display the Name of the inmate, Inmate Number, Inmate Status, Congregation, Volunteer (In-Person), and Volunteer (Correspondence). You may use the search box to locate a specific inmate by using the name only. The list can also be sorted by using the arrow to the right of the Name.
Step 31 To view/edit the Inmate Profile click on the inmate Name or the chevron (right arrow) for the selected inmate.
- To save changes made to the Inmate Profile, click on the Update or Cancel button to return to the Facility Info page.
Step 32 Click the Shifts Tab to add or view existing shifts.
Step 33 To edit an existing shift, click the chevron (right arrow) at the end of the row.
Step 34 The Edit Shift drawer will open. You can edit any available field, add Notes, or click Delete to remove the shift. If you make any changes, click Save, otherwise click Cancel to return to the Shift Schedules screen. If you are leaving the drawer without saving, you will be prompted to either Leave or Stay.
Step 35 To add a shift, click the Add Icon.
Step 36 This will open the Add Shift drawer. Enter all information, including Notes, then click Save.
- Note: You will receive an error validation message if you try to create an existing shift.
Step 37 You will be returned to Shift Schedules. Continue to add additional shifts, if required.
Step 38 From your My Ministry (home) landing page, select Facilities from the Navigation Panel.
Step 39 Select the desired Facility.
Step 40 Click on the Meetings Tab.
- Note: There are three (3) sections that can assist you with creating meeting agendas and scheduling meetings; Meeting Settings, Meeting Agenda Templates, and Scheduled Meetings
Step 41 Under Meeting Settings, select the minimum and maximum number of Volunteers Per Meeting required for the meeting.
- Note: Changes will be automatically saved. After making any changes you will see a confirmation notification.
Step 42 To create a custom meeting part, under Agenda Customizations, select Manage Parts.
- Note: The Manage Custom Parts drawer will open. A list of Default System Parts will be displayed. If a part is not found in this list, a Custom Part can be added.
Step 43 Click on + Add Custom Part button. Create and enter a name for the custom part and click Save.
- Note: An example of a custom part may be an abbreviated Watchtower Study.
Step 44 To create a custom meeting assignment, under Agenda Customizations, select Manage Assignments.
- Note: The Manage Custom Assignments drawer will open. A list of Default System Assignments will be displayed. If an assignment is not found in this list, a Custom Assignment can be added.
Step 45 Click on the + Add Custom Assignments button. Create and enter a name for the custom assignment and click Save.
Step 46 To create a meeting agenda template, under the Meeting Agenda Templates, select the +Add button.
- Note: You can create as many Meeting Agenda Templates as needed.
Step 47 Enter the Template Name and select the applicable Agenda Setup.
For example, a template name might be “Midweek Meeting”.
- Note: The Agenda Setup allows you to Start new, Start from the agenda template or Start from another meeting.
Step 48 To add meeting parts, select the + Add Meeting Part button.
Step 49 From the Add Meeting Part Drawer, enter the Part Name and Duration.
- Note: Duration is not required. If you add a custom assignment, it will get added to the custom assignment settings list, to be used again if needed. After all Meeting Agenda Templates are entered and saved, you can view a complete list of templates.
- If more than one assignment is needed for this part, select the Multiple assignments for part box, and select the applicable assignment types.
- For more than two assignment options, select +Add Part Assignment and select from the dropdown option the assignment needed, or you can create and add a new custom assignment.
- Note: If you add a custom assignment, it will get added to the custom assignment settings list, to be used again if needed. After all Meeting Agenda Templates are entered and saved, you can view a complete list of templates.
- After all necessary part assignments have been added, click Save.
Step 50 From your My Ministry (home) landing page, select Facilities from the Navigation Panel.
Step 51 Select the desired Facility.
Step 52 Click on the Meetings Tab.
Step 53 Under the Meeting Agenda Templates section, use the Chevron arrow to select the Meeting Agenda Template to edit.
- Note: Edits can be made to the Template Name, Parts, or Duration. You can add or delete parts, edit existing parts, and move the order of parts. Additionally, you can print or email an agenda.
Step 54 Click on the ellipsis next to the meeting part and select Edit. When all edits are complete for the meeting template, click Save.
Step 55 From your My Ministry (home) landing page, select Facilities from the Navigation Panel.
Step 56 Select the desired Facility.
Step 57 Click on the Meetings Tab.
Step 58 Under the Schedule Meetings section, click on the +Add button.
Step 59 Select the Meeting Type.
- Note: A Group meeting may be a group Bible Study or similar arrangement.
Step 60 Select the Meeting Recurrence and select the Start Date and End Date by clicking the Calendar Icon or by entering dates in the YYYY-MM-DD format.
Step 61 Select Meeting Details, enter the Meeting Name, select the Gender and Language, and note the Location Within Facility.
- Note: Note to Volunteers may be added as well.
Step 62 Select the type of Agenda Setup. When making changes to agenda templates you will get validation to Confirm and/or Save.
Step 63 After the Meeting Agenda section has been saved, users can assign volunteers to individual meeting parts.
Step 64 Select the Assigned To dropdown to assign a volunteer to a part.
- Note: All volunteers assigned to the facility will appear in the dropdown box and are eligible to be assigned to meeting parts.
Step 65 From your My Ministry (home) landing page, select Facilities from the Navigation Panel.
Step 66 Select the desired Facility.
Step 67 Click on the Meetings Tab.
Step 68 Under the Schedule Meetings section, use the ellipsis to Edit, Download Agenda (PDF), Resend Notifications, or Delete Meeting.
- Note: The Scheduled Meetings section will show the Date, the Meeting details, the number of Assignments Accepted (font will be red when the number of assignments has not been accepted), Language, Gender, Attendance, and additional Notes made to a specific meeting.
- The grayed-out meeting means this is a past meeting.
Step 69 To filter scheduled meetings by Month and Language and optionally Open Assignments, select the Filter Icon.
Step 70 Check the box labeled Open Assignments Only.
Step 71 To Download Agenda as a PDF document select the ellipsis on the far right of the scheduled meeting.
- Select Download Agenda (PDF).
- Open the PDF document
- Note: To Resend Notifications, follow the same steps taken when downloading the agenda.
- Past meetings will only have one option when selecting the ellipsis – Meeting Record. The meeting record option will allow view-only access to meeting details.
Step 72 From the Navigation Panel, click on Facilities.
Step 73 Select the desired Facility.
Step 74 Click on the Inmates Tab.
Step 75 Select an Inmate with Inmate Status of Baptized or Unbaptized Publisher.
Step 76 Select the Interest accordion.
Step 77 Select the Attends Meetings box.
Step 78 Select the Used in Meetings box.
Step 79 Select the Update button to save the changes.
Step 80 Select the Activity Tab to view and/or add field service activity for inmates within the facility.
Step 81 The Activity Tab will display the Service Report for the Current Month. To display activity for a different month, click on the arrows to move backward or forward.
Step 82 To add service activity, select the Inmate Name or the chevron (right arrow) at the end of the row.
- Note: Inmates assigned to the selected Facility and Congregation will display in alphabetical order. The names can be sorted by clicking the up/down arrow next to Inmate Name.
Step 83 In the Monthly Activity Report drawer, you can input activity for the selected Inmate. The report will default to the current month; to edit the Month, select the Calendar Icon. Activity that can be recorded includes Placements, Return Visits (RVs), Studies, and Hours.
- The value of RVs cannot be less than the number of studies conducted. Each study session should be counted as a Return Visit.
- The number of Hours is a required field. Once all the activity has been entered, click Save to close the drawer.
- Note: After saving, the drawer will automatically close, and the Service Report will display the Activity that was recorded for the selected inmate.
Step 84 The Monthly Summary Report will display the total number for each type of activity for all inmates assigned to the selected Facility.
Step 85 Once you have completed entering the Activity for all inmates within the Facility for the desired month, click on Send Report.
Step 86 The Send Inmate Activity Report drawer will display the congregation that will receive the Monthly Service Report. The report will default to the current month. To edit the Month, select the Calendar Icon. Use the Congregation dropdown menu to select the assigned Congregation.
- Note: Once the congregation is selected, the name of the Secretary will automatically populate as the Congregation Recipient of the Activity Report. Confirm this is correct. If edits need to be made, go to Directory and edit Contact Congregations (Note: This last step can be done only by a Regional Contact).
Step 87 Click Send once the report is complete.
- Note: The Comments to Recipient box is provided to send a message to the Congregation Recipient of the Activity Report. For example, if a correction is necessary for a previous month’s report.
- Note: To close a drawer without saving changes, select the Cancel button. This will prompt a pop-up confirmation window. Select Leave to close without saving or Stay to resume editing the report.
- After sending the Monthly Activity Report, you will be returned to the Activity screen.
Step 88 To add a document for a Facility, click on the Documents Tab, then select the Add button.
Step 89 In the Add Document upload drawer there are two options to upload a document.
- Drag and drop the document into the Drag and drop file here section
- Click Browse Files and navigate to your documents to select the file.
- Note: All documents must be 5MB or less in a PDF format.
Step 90 Select a Document Type from the dropdown menu. Enter the Description of the document.
- To remove the uploaded document, click the X button.
Step 91 Select Save when finished.
Step 92 The uploaded document will appear on the Documents landing page.
- To make changes to an existing document, select the Ellipses on the far right of the listed document. You may choose to View, Download, or Delete the document.
Last Updated: July 2, 2022