Overview: This article is intended to provide an overview and sequential steps on how to use the Schedule Tab in the My Ministry Module. This module is intended for volunteers engaged in the prison ministry—whether in person or by correspondence. The steps outlined will take a Volunteer through the process of using the Schedule Tab to select or change shifts as needed.
Step 1 From the Navigation Panel, under General, select My Ministry.
Step 2 After selecting My Ministry, the current month Calendar will display. You will see the activity for the current day under My Schedule. The Shifts and Meetings view will show any recurring shifts or meeting assignments.
- Note: To request online live chat assistance, click on the Chat Icon found on the lower right side of your screen. Please enter your name, state and email address to start chatting with the next available agent.
Step 3 Click the Chevron (left or right arrow) in the Calendar to navigate to past or future months.
- Note: Recurring shifts will only display up to three (3) months in advance.
Step 4 Click on a desired date to view available Shifts and Meetings, scheduled meetings and/or shifts will display in the My Schedule card, or view/create/adjust Time Away.
- Note: Click on the Legend Icon next to the Month/Year to view the legend.
Step 5 My Schedule provides you with a quick view of any Scheduled Meeting/Shift you have for the date selected.
- Note: To view details of the shift, click the ellipsis, then select Shift Details. To remove the shift, click on Remove.
Step 6 The Shift Details drawer will provide the Date, Time, Shift, Facility Name, and any Shift Participants.
Step 7 Shifts and Meetings will provide information on available meetings and/or shifts for the date selected.
- To volunteer for a shift, click the Chevron (right arrow) to the right of the page to open the Add Shift drawer.
Step 8 Click on the Add Button to add the shift to your schedule. You may also Add Shift Partner by clicking the dropdown menu and selecting an available volunteer.
- Note: You and any partner added will receive a confirmation message when the shift is added.
Step 9 To set this as a recurring shift, click on the Add Recurring Button.
- Note: You and any partner added will receive a confirmation message when the shift is added. The shift scheduling will be limited to three (3) months.
Schedule Time Away
The steps below will allow you to schedule time that you will not be available for the Prison Ministry, such as attending Pioneer Service School, International/Special Conventions, and/or vacations.
- Scheduled Time Away will override any Recurring Shifts and will prevent your name from appearing in the Add Shift Partner dropdown menu during selected dates.
- Time Away can be scheduled beyond three (3) months.
Step 1 Click Time Away at the bottom of your calendar.
- Note: Time Away list will open as a full page.
Step 2 Click on the Add Button. The Record Time Away drawer will open at the right side of the page.
Step 3 Select the Start Date and End Date by clicking the Calendar Icon or by entering dates in the YYYY-MM-DD format.
- Add the reason for the time away in the Notes field.
- Click Save.
Step 4 To edit scheduled time away, click the Chevron (right arrow) on the far right of the row.
Step 5 The Record Time Away drawer will open at the right side of the page. Make needed adjustments to the Start Date, End Date, and/or Notes. When done, click Save.
- Note: You will not be able to change the Start Date to a date later than the current End Date so you will need to edit the End Date first if you are changing your Time Away to a later week or month.
- Note: Click the Delete Icon to delete the scheduled time off.
Last Update: March 24, 2022